Thursday, February 23, 2012

List of gifts for your beloved

While compiling this list I assume a romantic man-woman relationship. Surely there are other relationship possibilities, and therefore more gifting options, but for now just this :). Hope this list helps.

  • Flowers - Though a very popular way of greeting, am not particularly fond of bouquets. For me, a flower or two just serves great.
  • Soft Toys - I've observed what happens in India, so commenting on the basis of that. Soft toys are a great gift largely among teenagers and college-going youngsters.
  • Greeting Cards - I wonder in the digital age, how often people convey feelings through greeting cards.
  • Chocolates - All-time favorite. And with more brands and varieties of chocolate available in the market, it has just become more tempting. :)
  • Cakes - Perhaps on special occasions like wedding anniversaries and birthdays. 
  • Books - For the bibliophiles! :) Risky but always a great gift if you get it right.
  • Music - Again, you need to get the taste right.
  • Wrist Watches - I find them tempting often but redundant too, since a good mobile phone can grace the hand and inform you about the time as well ;)
  • Jewelry
    • Earrings - That's the thing I prefer to gift. Of course, one needs to get the taste right. The only piece of jewelry that adds to a woman's face - a face that you fall in love with. That's the reason we started Mississippi!
    • Pendants - When matched with earrings, adds more joy :)
    • Finger-rings - Yes, all the manicure isn't invested in for no reason. Finger-rings can really add beauty to a woman's hand. When clubbed with earrings, nothing better.
    • Bracelets - Guess, not all women are fond of bracelets. But any piece of jewelry can light them up :)
  • T-shirts - Safe gift. Get the message right.
  • Dresses - I've seen people giving such gifts but feel they are slightly outdated. Also, got to get the taste right.
  • Handbags - Great gifts I suppose. My Dad has often gifted my Mom some beautiful handbags over many many years.
  • Wallets - Why not! But one needs to know, in case of gifting to a woman, whether it's a habit or not...
  • Art Objects - Gift shops are supposedly replete with such things but I find them in very poor taste. Instead, I might just prefer to gift a Marc Johns artwork.
  • Gadgets -  Is there an end? :D
    • Mobile Phones - Yup, always a great gift especially if you know he/she has eyes on some particular model.
    • iPods - Do I need to say?
    • iPads - Do I need to say?
    • ebook Reader - For bibliophiles, a gem!
    • Digital Photo-frames - Can't fancy that yet.
  • Diaries - More for men I suppose.
  • Pens - Again men, I suppose.
  • Magazine Subscription - I've received Magazine Subscriptions as gifts. Not sure if they are popular. But yes, a thoughtful gift.
  • Travel Packages - Expensive I suppose. :)
  • Cash - Would say only when you are extremely clueless and have nothing that can add to another person's well-being :)
  • Gift Vouchers - Great! Always!
Of course, it's a decent list but not exhaustive for sure. Quite a few omissions I am sure. Cigarette-smoking guys might love a Zippo as gift, for example :). I've seen women given even flip-flops as gifts :)... Depends on how deeply you know the other person.

I prefer to gift earrings, earrings and more earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment